- Red Energy is a 100% Australian owned energy company, with 100% of their customer service staff being local Australians.
- Red Energy provides electricity and gas services to Victoria and New South Wales.
- While gas is unavailable to residents of South Australia and Queensland, the company does provide them with electricity services.
- Red Energy is the only Australian energy company to win a Canstar award for customer service for 9 consecutive years.
Red Energy was established in 2004 as a 100% Australian energy company. They are owned by Snowy Hydro renewable energy and house their head office in Melbourne. 100% of their customer service team resides in Melbourne.
Red Energy prides itself on its customer service. They employ a locally-based customer service team and are committed to ensuring that their customers work with a single point of contact to ensure the individual culture and lifestyle of the consumer is better understood.
They are also proud that their locally based customer service model contributes to the job pool in the Australian economy.
Red Energy is the only energy retailer to win a Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers for 9 years in a row. Their most recent accolades include:
- 2018 – Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers – Solar, National
- 2017 – Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers – Electricity Providers, NSW
- 2017 – Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers – Natural Gas Providers, NSW
- 2017 – Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers – Natural Gas Providers, VIC
- Canstar Blue Award for Most Satisfied Customers – Dual Fuel, National
Red Energy offers flexible payment options dependant on the customer’s state and suitability. When signing up with Red Energy, a customer service representative will work with you to determine the best payment plan and method for your circumstances.
Possible payment plans and methods include:
Pay by phone with credit card: 131 806
In person: Pay in person at Australia Post Offices by cash, EFTPOS, or cheque
EvenPay: With EvenPay Red Energy will estimate your usage and charge you a set fee every billing cycle. This prevents a customer having to deal with some months being more expensive than others and helps with bill and money management.
BPAY and Banking Apps
Call 131 806 for set-up
mail a cheque to Red Energy at: Red Energy Pty Ltd PO Box 4136 East Richmond, VIC 3121
Red Energy customers also have the option to receive a physical bill or sign up with E-billing. Additionally, they can choose monthly or quarterly billing cycles, and Red Energy’s customer service agents are always available to work out payment plans if you are having trouble making payments.
If you’re moving house, contact Red Energy here to sign up for service and set up your move.
If you need urgent, same day, or after hours connection service call 131 806 for immediate assistance.
Phone: 131 806
- PO Box 4136
- East Richmond, VIC
Fax: 1300 661 086
Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.30 pm (AEST)
Saturday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (AEST)