Energy Australia Guide
- Energy Australia offers electricity plans in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, and ACT; and gas in all of these locations except Queensland.
- Energy Australia is one of the largest energy retailers in the country, with multiple awards to their brand.
- Energy Australia remains committed to renewable and environmentally-friendly energy, offering a variety of solar powered systems, and a cost-free carbon-neutral electricity option in all of their plans.
Energy Australia is one of the largest energy providers in the country and maintains a responsible approach to energy production where possible.
The carbon-neutral option is available on on their electricity plans and bundles as a result of this. You can opt into this program for no extra cost, and help reduce the negative impacts of carbon footprints on the environment.
Energy Australia has been recognised by multiple organisations for their work. We’ve listed some of their more recent awards and recognitions below.
There are a few ways to pay your energy bill with Energy Australia. They offer billing options that fit virtually every situation and are usually understanding if you need a payment extension.
The following options are available to pay your bill:
- The Energy Australia “My Account” Portal
- Credit Card
- Direct Debit
- Australia Post
- Personalised Instalment Plan
Energy Australia is understanding when it comes to payment extensions – as long as you let them know ahead of time. They usually allow you to take an extra week or two to make your payments and avoid a late payment fee.
Contact Energy Australia with your billing information through their ‘my account’ feature, or fill out a payment extension request form on their website. They will adjust the bill’s due date and make sure you don’t incur any additional late fees.
Disconnecting for a move is as easy as giving Energy Australia a call, though the company will require at least three business days to disconnect the power from your old house and get it set up at your new one. Provide them with your address and customer number, and they’ll organise the rest.
Whether you’re a new or returning customer, reconnecting the electricity and gas requires you to provide Energy Australia with the following information:
- Your new address
- The date of your move
- Contact information and a form of identification
- Any applicable concession details.
Although Energy Australia typically requires three days to get your power up and running, special circumstances may result in faster setup times. Call their 1800 702 684 to speak to one of their “moving experts”, and staff will see what they can do for you.