Diamond Energy Guide
Diamond Energy was established in 2004 with the vision to ‘generate change’ through renewable energy sources. The company’s goal is to get more power from renewable generators than the total amount used by their customers. Diamond Energy only offers electricity services.
Diamond Energy has its own renewable power generators and also supports a range of renewable energy projects. Its focus is on sourcing energy from Australia’s pure natural resources, such as wind, sun, and waves. The company has been ranked as one of Australia’s greenest electricity retailers by the Green Electricity Guide.
- Diamond Energy is a leading green electricity retailer with a focus on renewable energy. The company has its own renewable power generators and supports multiple renewable energy projects.
- Diamond Energy does not offer its own rate plans. Its rates come from distributors and are based on your location. A good way to get an idea of rates in your area is to get a free quote.
- Diamond Energy is experienced in providing solar service to its customers, and can help you get a solar energy system set up in your home.
Diamond Energy has won a collection of awards for their commitment to delivering green energy. These include:
Diamond Energy usually bills its residential customers quarterly, based on actual meter readings whenever possible. Feed-in credits appear as a credit on your bill.
If you have over $50 in credit, Diamond Energy automatically deposits the credit into your bank account on the bill’s due date. If they do not have your bank details then the credit rolls over to your next bill. Credits cannot be paid out of cycle.
Customers can pay their bill in a variety of methods, including:
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Direct Debit
- By post
- In person at an Australia Post outlet
Diamond Energy asks for at least 3 business days’ notice before setting up your electricity at a new property. However, urgent requests can be arranged by calling 1300 838 009
New Diamond Energy customers can sign up online and organise their power to be connected at the new property. You’ll first receive an automatic email confirming your application. Within a few business days you’ll receive a welcome pack with all of the details specific to your account.
If you’re already a Diamond Energy customer, you can go online and arrange to have your power transferred or set up at an additional property. Account establishment fees and exit fees will be waived. Customers will also get a Renewable Energy Reward—a credit of 9.58 cents per day (GST included) over a two-year period. Terms and conditions apply.