Diamond Energy was established in 2004 with the vision to ‘generate change’ through renewable energy sources. The company’s goal is to get more power from renewable generators than the total amount used by their customers. Diamond Energy only offers electricity services.
Diamond Energy has its own renewable power generators and also supports a range of renewable energy projects. Its focus is on sourcing energy from Australia’s pure natural resources, such as wind, sun, and waves. The company has been ranked as one of Australia’s greenest electricity retailers by the Green Electricity Guide.
- Diamond Energy is a leading green electricity retailer with a focus on renewable energy. The company has its own renewable power generators and supports multiple renewable energy projects.
- Diamond Energy does not offer its own rate plans. Its rates come from distributors and are based on your location. A good way to get an idea of rates in your area is to get a free quote.
- Diamond Energy is experienced in providing solar service to its customers, and can help you get a solar energy system set up in your home.
Diamond Energy’s plans vary depending on your location, as the tariffs are based on the distributor in your zone: for example, Ausgrid, Jemena, or Energex. You can get a quick quote on their website and generate a rate sheet based on where you live.
In general, Diamond Energy offers the following types of rates:
- Single-rate offer: Tariffs remain the same no matter what time of day you use your power.
- Time-of-use: Usually based on peak and off-peak usage. Times are set by the distributor.
- Controlled load: A rate specific to an appliance, such as a hot water system or underfloor heating.
Diamond Energy has won a collection of awards for their commitment to delivering green energy. These include:
Diamond Energy currently has two special offer schemes available to its customers, as well as the opportunity to receive discounts on your bill.
If you have battery storage or are thinking about getting it, you could benefit from Diamond Energy’s GridCredits100 scheme. It works in a way similar to feed-in tariffs for solar energy: Diamond Energy may purchase stored electricity from your battery. In turn, you could earn 100 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh), which will be credited to your electricity bill.
Diamond Energy holds Grid Credit Events, using a Reposit Box to discharge energy from your battery. This service is available to eligible customers in QLD, NSW, SA, and VIC.
Refer a Friend
If your friend signs up for Diamond Energy and puts you down as a referrer, you’ll both get a $35 credit on your bill. As an extra incentive, the standard account establishment fee will be waived for your friend. Terms and conditions apply.
- 3% discount on daily supply charge and usage rates when the entire payment is made by an automated direct debit.
- 7% pay-on-time discount on daily supply charge and usage rates. Terms and conditions apply.
It’s no surprise that Diamond Energy supports solar power for its customers. Diamond Energy offers solar-friendly billing plans, and the company’s standard feed-in rate is 12 cents per kWh. They also offer a promotional deal, WattBank10^, which has a 20 cents per kWh feed-in rate for three years.
Diamond Energy can also guide new solar customers through the process, from getting your solar panels installed to setting up a billing plan.
Diamond Energy usually bills its residential customers quarterly, based on actual meter readings whenever possible. Feed-in credits appear as a credit on your bill.
If you have over $50 in credit, Diamond Energy automatically deposits the credit into your bank account on the bill’s due date. If they do not have your bank details then the credit rolls over to your next bill. Credits cannot be paid out of cycle.
Customers can pay their bill in a variety of methods, including:
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Direct Debit
- By post
- In person at an Australia Post outlet
Diamond Energy asks for at least 3 business days’ notice before setting up your electricity at a new property. However, urgent requests can be arranged by calling 1300 838 009
New Diamond Energy customers can sign up online and organise their power to be connected at the new property. You’ll first receive an automatic email confirming your application. Within a few business days you’ll receive a welcome pack with all of the details specific to your account.
If you’re already a Diamond Energy customer, you can go online and arrange to have your power transferred or set up at an additional property. Account establishment fees and exit fees will be waived. Customers will also get a Renewable Energy Reward—a credit of 9.58 cents per day (GST included) over a two-year period. Terms and conditions apply.